Friday, May 02, 2008

Good grub

Last night that Marsha and I decided to try dinner at a restaurant that neither one of us had been to but has been around for quite a while, I think: Salvador Molly's in Hillsdale. What I knew about it was that it had a sort of Caribbean flair, but that's pretty much all I knew. It's really more than just Caribbean. The menu was varied (I'll let you check it out from my link) and everything we had (split two appetizers and each had an entree) was wonderful. We started with the calamari and tofu fries (awesome) and then I had the kalua pork and Marsha had the Ocho Rios jerk chicken. Ton of food and great atmosphere, and both of our entrees were recommended by our waiter. He did a great job. The best part was that our bill was only $36 total and seriously there was a LOT of food. Another really great thing that I enjoyed, and I mentioned this to the waiter, was that they didn't rush us through the eating process. I have been to all too many restaurants in the states where the entire experience lasted 40 minutes from walking in the door to walking out the door. Salvador Molly's is pretty kick back, and we managed to spend about an hour and a half - and we weren't even drinking! Two thumbs up for a place that I have always heard about, never tried, and will definitely recommend and return.

There's my PSA.

Work has been mellow, I spent this week in Lincoln Tower prepping with Gloria to cover her desk in mid May. I go back to Tanasbourne on Monday, allegedly to cover Renee, but it looks like I might be Judy again, too. She just isn't getting better and frankly I am a little worried about her. I'll cover her desk for as long as it takes because nobody needs to be that sick and I really shouldn't be so selfish.

Other than that, Friday morning and it's casual day, so in mere moments I will be out the door, spreading the kind of joy that only I can spread.

That was sort of sarcastic, by the way.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, May 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Kalua Pork - it's my favorite!! Seriosly I think I've never had anything else there but once I had the catfish (good too). Glad you liked it, it's a cool joint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home