Monday, March 17, 2008

Recovery

So as it turns out, I'm not getting any younger.

Kind of surprising to me.

Saturday night I agreed to go out with Marsha, Karen, Michaeline and Steve. I say I agreed because after the last going-out adventure with Marsha, last month, on a school night no less, was rather draining, and I was mildly aware that it wasn't a fluke. In other words, I was frightened.

We met on the train (interestingly enough we all made the same train and car from different stops) and went to The Thirsty Lion in Old Town. It's a big English Pub (funny, since it was packed with St. Patrick's Day revellers), usually pretty roomy, but as I said, packed. The line for Kell's, on the other hand, was around the block a couple of times, with a $20 cover charge for our "free". We managed a booth and two tables (don't ask) and in honor of what I used to call My Christmas, I drank pints of Stella (again, don't ask) (Okay, I'll answer - I never go anywhere they serve it and I like it) (Plus I wasn't really thinking about it). Anyhoo, it was all fine and dandy until the first shot, because, after all, you knew there'd be shots.

So yeah, Michaelene and Steve left at a reasonable hour and the good Lord only knows how long the three of us stayed after, though I do know it was before midnight because my day long pass for the Max was still good. We trained down to the Broadway Saloon of all places (easy walking distance from the train) and continued the merriment. Which included making some girl cry (I don't know how or why but people just spill there stories out to me) and of course several more shots. I can't be trusted.

I have to say here that we had a really good time. I mean, I love the whole social thing that goes along with spending half a day in a bar. It's just a little bit dangerous anymore.

I got home at 3:30am. And you know, when you think about it, having started at 5, that's a LOT of drinking. Sunday morning I was still drunk (but I think I got up at like 8 so that makes physical sense) and spent the whole (and I mean WHOLE) day on the sofa. I couldn't even eat anything until like 4pm. Complete waste of a day. Didn't do any laundry, didn't run the dishwasher, didn't even put in my contacts.

The thing is, too, that I did not go to a training seminar on Saturday because I worked the auction last week and I wanted a full weekend to do some errands that cannot be done during the week. And this is what I get instead.

Even this morning I felt like I went out last night. It can't be good when it takes two full days to recover. This is why I rarely go out. Once something is done about this whole shot thing I got going on, I might be able to trust myself again. But I don't see it happening soon. Nice.

So tonight I continue my recovery, and tomorrow will continue with the green tea IV drip, and will get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water and try to figure out what people who DON'T drink do for fun.

Ugh.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, March 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could get my hands on some Stella, I wouldn't care about my inevitable hangover the next day.

And who cares what people who don't drink do...btw, I'm not sure I know any.

 
At 10:29 AM, March 18, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

I feel your pain.

When you wake up drunk you are most definitely in for a 3 day hangover and feeling shitty for the rest of the week.

This is why I keep saying to myself, "I quit drinking!". Usually it only really means that I quit for about a month until I do it again and have to remind myself not to do it again over and over and over!

PS Stop making little girls cry!

 
At 2:38 PM, March 18, 2008, Blogger Marita said...

This is what people who don't drink do for fun.

Get home, play on the computer, and eat. Hm, 6pm. Watch some TV. Hm 7pm. And that's a good sign, it means bath time and then off to bed. So, really, was your night so bad compared to this?

 
At 9:37 PM, March 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this post is so apt right now, I agreed to go out last night (instead of watching LOST) and naively thought I would be home by 10. Instead I got wasted and managed to crawl home at 2 am. WTF was I thinking hammering gin and tonics on a Monday? Someone else was paying the bill so that was part of the problem. But what an idiot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home