Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Coworkers: guess who...

So it's Wednesday night in a week where I have been working in a branch of two people. It's fine and everything, I mean, I'm being kept pretty busy and the commute isn't bad, the sun has been out most of the time and the clients have been really great. Why am I blogging? Because this is MY blog, and I need to yell.

OH MY HELL THE ASSISTANT IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

She's one of those ultra-nice people - I mean beyond nice. I mean so nice you wanna just beat the smack out of her. From like, minute one of each and every day. Wow. She is flipping annoying. Holy mother. I am mildly amazed that by now I have not exploded at her. I have come close, sure, like when she cried twice before noon on Tuesday. And I swear I didn't have anything to do with it. Well, at least I don't think I did - there is a procedure now that is different than it's been for a few years and so when she did it and somebody called me to tell me she did it wrong, and I told her there is a new procedure, she flipped out. Good Christ. And then I think she cut her finger on something. I know I didn't have anything to do with that one.

There are people out there in the branches who have a hard time adjusting to all this change and automation and corpora-tizing of our industry. She's one of them. And you know what? It's not going to stop happening. And it certainly isn't going to stop happening just because some of these people don't want to learn anything new. We had a conference call Monday morning and afterward, all the feedback I got from her was negative. I told her, "If you have concerns that you would like to bring to management's attention, you need to think them through and make sure that the way you present them does not have anything negative in it - no 'can't's, 'won't's or 'we'll lose all our clients'." She just gaped at me. I told her management will not take your gripes seriously - you will simply look like you don't support the company. What's done is done and nobody is in a position right now to be bitching about the job. Of course she started crying. She was in my office so I had to just sit there and wait for it to pass. It took a while.

I have to say that one of my biggest pet peeves is a weak female. It drives me bananas. So the fact that I haven't put a chair through a window by today already is simply amazing. God help me get through the next two days. God help her. Ugh.

5 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, February 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!

 
At 5:27 PM, February 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a hardass ...

love,
janie

 
At 8:07 AM, February 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could probably make me cry if I was your assistant.

 
At 10:42 AM, February 29, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

Oh good. I'm not the only one who has visions of throwing stuff and hitting things....

 
At 10:29 PM, March 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the fiesty "I won't put up with any bull" girl of 17 I remember!! ha ha
Since it's been 20 years, what EXACTLY do you do??

You do seem tough, but I've always found your sarcastic sense of humor enlightening... I may not take you seriously..
Lorie :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home