Thursday, February 14, 2008

And so it goes....

So okay. I'll just nutshell it. Being back at work and back to the real world as I now know it has completely staunched any creative juices that might have flowed.

I had a nice vacation after several weeks of hard (not HARD, just) work, and got to do pretty much most of what I wanted. I laid out in the sun, I read a few books, we toured the island, we had some great meals, I saw a few (not all though) of the friends I wanted to see, I drank some booze, I relaxed and soaked in the views. It was a pretty kick back vacation and I am totally into that. I got to stretch my Spanish language legs and I even had the proprietor of a mini-super in stitches. All good.

That's it. The kitties enjoyed their time with their Uncle Tom - after spending the first day behind major appliances and the next day tentatively sniffing at his heels and then darting away, they warmed up to the new Bringer-of-Kibble-and-Scooper-of-Poop and spent every evening playing. When I got back (in the middle of the night Saturday) they almost didn't know who the hell I was. I decided to leave the bedroom doors open that night to see how they would fare sleeping with me, and you know, it's my own fault that I barely got 2 hours of sleep because they were so flipping excited about the prospect that they didn't sit, stand or even walk the whole night. Their activity can only be described as "zipping". All night. I finally got up at 6:30 and then later we all napped out of sheer exhaustion.

So my laundry is done (though the suitcase is still in the middle of the living room floor) and I am back at work. I have been in Orenco since Tuesday, but I will go back to Lincoln Tower (and Gloria's unit) tomorrow. Orenco has been fun, if not a little bit slow right now (lots of orders, just nothing ready to go the last few days - it happens), but it's been nice to not leave the house til 7:30.

So there is my update, where I sit right now in my life. It's mesmerizing, isn't it? I am losing my tan so I think I will start again tomorrow, just a little maintenance buzz, and go from there. Three day weekend ahead and it is actually supposed to be warmish and sunny, I will most definitely get out there.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you with Valentines. I have two, myself.

2 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, February 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first misread that you "tortured the island" not "toured the island," and I thought...uh oh, what did Joyce do?

 
At 9:36 AM, February 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Hope that there are pictures to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home