Saturday, June 09, 2012

I'm good, thanks.

Recently I woke up to a message on FB from someone I don't speak with a ton anymore.  It was sharing a quote that was something like Everything is going to be all right, maybe not today but someday.  It was to me and another person who has been going through a rough patch.  That other person responded with something like, oh that's a great one, I'm going to put that in my "think your way out of this mess" book, thanks, or some dang thing.  I responded with nothing.  Because everything IS all right in my world right now.  

Okay a) I don't really talk to you guys anymore, so b) you don't know what's going on with me, though c) I know what's going on with YOU, because d) for some reason you told me.  Oh, wait, you didn't tell me because we were friends once, you told me because you needed something from me.  And of course I did it, because I cared at one point in my life, and I think you're an idiot, and even though I haven't heard from you since, it really doesn't surprise me, since I figured out a long time ago that you're one of those people who take and don't give.

Which is why a random quote about everything being okay at a later date (as opposed to right now) makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm pretty sure that if you didn't make a career out of jacking people all the time you wouldn't be in the lousy position you are in right now.  Sure, bad things happen to good people, but, mostly, bad things happen to selfish, self-centered, self-righteous (="bad") people.  So maybe you should put THAT in your book and consider a lifestyle change.  Baby steps.  Right?

Inspiration is a good thing and we all go through shit, but I guess the lesson to be learned here, perhaps, is that if you don't want to wind up in TtheD don't include me in things that just don't have anything to do with me.  Not trying to be smug or anything, but the beauty of being in your mid 40s is that life has presented you with much opportunity to learn how to be a good person.  

Plus I think there's something wrong with my big toe because it suddenly started hurting yesterday afternoon and it still does now, and I'm developing arthritis in my pinkie.  Okay.  Maybe I DO need a little inspriration..

3 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, June 09, 2012, Anonymous Connie said...

unfriend this person on facebook.

 
At 8:48 AM, June 09, 2012, Blogger JJ said...

I know, right? I can't remember half the people I'm "friends" with on there. But to me, FB is sort of a way to acknowledge "Hey, I know you, I used to know you, we had some sort of a past together that was pleasant, but now all I have to do is be 'friends' and that pretty much takes care of any other commitment to you." Not for ALL my FB friends. But maybe just to my FB "friends"..

 
At 8:09 PM, June 09, 2012, Anonymous Connie said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. People I have not seen in years or never speak with "friend" me. I'm like okay - whatever. If they ever comment on anything I typically just ignore it - like you did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home