Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ten minutes

I got up way earlier than I normally would on a non-gym day and now I find myself with ten minutes more than normal.  So why not blog?  (the answers to that are far too numerous to count, but I'll forge ahead)

It's been a busy week, especially since I'm in LT, which I lovingly refer to as the circus (though, to be truthful, it hasn't been very circus-like in recent months, not sure why that is, unless I'M the reason it's the circus and they're getting tired of me..), but I have managed to have some fun, which is important.  Going to bed at 9pm and getting up at 3:45am sort of sucks the life out of the whole gig, but I manage.  To some degree.  I can't wait to go home tonight so I can just sit in front of the TV for longer than forty minutes.  I haven't done that in a while.

I got my hair cut last week, and it's shorter than it's been, and looks a little madman-ish, but I can pull that off.  Plus I got a little hammered over the weekend and lost my favorite ring.  Which sucks.  Luckily the suckyness was offset by some much needed stress-release and a banging good time (take that however you want) so I'm not all beat up about it.  Sometimes you have to take the bad with the fabulous, I've learned.

Also did something completely out of character and drove to the east side spontaneously (spontaneity is quickly losing its grip in my reality these days) to meet a friend and THAT was completely and totally worth every second (every second remains with me and will for a long time, so it's the spontaneous gift that keeps on giving).

I bought three sweaters (Sping/Summer weight) since last we spoke, as well as all the other mundane things I do on a normal basis, tan, gym, lackluster attempts at cleaning.. but I also got TWO presents at work, presented three, and there is a strong possibility there will be cake today.

So it's been a good run this last week and a half, and I'm hoping it, like the somewhat Spring-like weather, lasts.  Good attitude is all it takes, right?  I'm going to run with it.  It seems to be working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home