Thursday, September 02, 2010

Losing it

I'm fading and it pisses me off. I have a pretty unhealthy perception of my own skin color, growing up lily white and all, and so I tan. Kind of a lot. Because it looks better that way. But sometimes I'm tan and I think I'm white and tell people that and they give me shit. But whatever.

So my tanning package allows me to freeze it for like $5 a month (and then when you unfreeze it you get that money back as a credit for product which is a bargain because that shit is expensive at the salon and I can't be bothered with buying it offsite), and at the beginning of August I was so sick of tanning that I froze it beginning September. Then I tanned a little bit more and went to Palm Springs where I got NO color (I mean NO color. I thought I had some but seriously I had NONE. I came back paler than I was when I left.) and so before August ran out I tanned like once more which did nothing. So NOW, though I don't have to suffer the ridiculous monthly fee that I pay to tan, I have to live with the consequences of being pale.

I don't like it. At all.

But that's the deal with life, you know, one plus begets a minus.

(The plus is I'm saving $79 a month on tanning. Add that to the fact that I am now bringing my lunch and not going to Starbucks or Dutch Bros now which in itself saves me roughly $100 a week, and well shit I might just make it to Mexico in December after all.) (WHERE I WILL BE TAN AGAIN.)

3 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, September 03, 2010, Anonymous Jackie said...

I thought that you had written that you got tan in PS. I got some much needed color back in Kauai two weeks ago and will be on Isla Mujeres for 10 days next month. November I will be in Cabo for a week followed by 3 ½ week on Isla at Christmas. That’s how I keep my tan. One time when my daughter and I went to PS years ago I said I was glad to be there because I was pretty pasty ad she told me that in her 28 years she had never seen me pasty.

 
At 7:56 AM, September 03, 2010, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

You just think you ar pale because I was stading next to you for a few minutes jaja. I hope to see you in December. You cannot help but to get tan here.

 
At 8:12 AM, September 03, 2010, Blogger Michael Dickson said...

Oh, young lady, what an error you are committing. I was a sun fanatic for much of my life. I am now 66, and I have lost count of the skin cancers I have had to remove. Somewhere between 25 and 30 over the past 20 years. They began when I was in my mid-40s.

You are going to regret this fixation. I discern from your partial mugshot that you have freckles, which are danged appealing and snazzy.

Like your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home