Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Unanswerable questions

Is it just me or is work seriously getting harder? I don't remember being this all-over-the-map scatter brained even when we were at our busiest. Nothing is easy, every file is riddled with special circumstance, people that are supposed to close in May suddenly want to close by Friday. My head is about to pop off and I'm only two days in to this two week stint. It's a good thing I'm fucking fantastic at this job.

Not much has been going on, it may surprise you all to know. After the fun (!) time last Thursday I pretty much kicked back for the weekend. I ran my errands, I did some laundry, I threatened to mop the back bathroom, sure. But I took my time and relaxed a lot too. Sunday was Easter, and since my Easter commitment was fulfilled on Saturday afternoon, for the most part, I thought I would finish up my errands (namely Target) Sunday. Easter, after all, isn't that big of a commercial holiday (as far as HOLY holidays, it's right up there, but nobody outside of Ohio decorates the house for it or sings Easter carols and nobody decks their halls with boughs of ... bunny fur...), right? So despite Marita thinking it might be closed, and without checking the website, I went off to tan (the tanning salon was open, for crying out loud) and then swung by the Target. Closed. Closed? I was stunned. Not everyone believes in the resurrection of Christ, right? I mean, what about atheists and Jews? It's Tuesday and I'm still stunned. I had to go to the Walgreens instead, and let me tell you, the Walgreens is no Target. It was really kind of a let down. I was so exhausted after that I had to nap, which resulted in a really lazy afternoon and a crock pot disaster of epic proportions. I hate to say it, but I kind of blame Target for everything disastrous that's happened since then.

So yeah, not much going on. I'm wondering what happens when you're claims representative calls the chick who hit you's insurance company (don't get on me, I know that's not grammatically correct) and they go, Yeah, no, we don't think it was her fault either, and you KNOW it wasn't YOUR fault, and they go back and forth saying was not, was too, was not, was too... how long before the claims chick makes contact with me and tells me what to do next? I emailed her last week and she said the other company was trying to decide whether or not it was their party's fault. Um. What part of her getting out of the car and saying "Oh my gosh I shouldn't be driving today anyway!" are you not getting? Granted, I'm sure she didn't say this to the insurance company, but come on. I was in drive! Isn't that an automatic? And look at the flipping pictures! How can I have hit her when the pictures clearly show she hit me? Will this ever get resolved? Will I ever have three minutes in a day to send another email to the claims chick? When you read this, does my voice sound as shrill as it is in my head while I'm thinking it? Because it should. It's really shrill right now.

Tomorrow I have dinner out at a place that has rabbit and a lot of things made of beets on the menu, so we'll see how that works out. Not much else on the old agenda, but it's early in the week and we'll see if this desk doesn't kick my ass so bad I turn down any really good offers. Two days and I'm beat. I'm kind of afraid.

Is it a bad omen that it pours down rain every morning that I go in to this branch? And, you know, that the place is haunted? Should I be concerned?

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, April 07, 2010, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

You are so funny. It has been a long time. Things are good. But you are making me miss target!

 
At 10:14 AM, April 07, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's haunted? Do tell! I want details. BH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home