Tuesday, January 19, 2010

...stupid truth.

You know, we always want people to tell us the truth. The truth is definitely better than being lied to, there's no question. In my business I have seen people strung along right up until the very moment they get to closing, and then had to face the facts and make a decision right then and there that could affect whether or not they would actually buy a house. No, there's no question - the truth is best. So when I spoke to someone today and told them to be honest with me, give it to me straight, I need to hear the truth... well, sometimes you don't really want to hear it after all.

It wasn't BAD truth, or bad news, and it actually ended on a good and happy note. But still, the fact of the matter is that particular truth hurt. A teeny tiny bit. It's not like I didn't already KNOW deep down inside the truth of this situation, but still. Just a teeny tiny little bit. So I sit here processing it, and thinking, yeah, you know, maybe I could have lived a little bit longer not knowing that the truth I suspected was really true.

I'm glad I learned this truth, and I'm glad the situation turned out the way it did, but nevertheless, sometimes, you just don't want to hear it.

These blues will pass sooner or later, they always do.

2 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, January 22, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you will say "don't flatter yourself", but this isn't because I said your hair looked nappy, is it ?
Cuz then I would feel bad.

 
At 6:23 AM, January 22, 2010, Blogger JJ said...

HAAHAHAHAHAAHA no. I was just admiring it's nappiness a few minutes ago...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home