Thursday, January 21, 2010

Exploding heads

It's not that I'm super busy or anything, it's just that work that used to take no time is now taking ridiculous, endless amounts of time anymore. The same deals, the same kinds of deals as before - simple refis, new construction sales, FHA purchases - now take for flipping ever to close. It's exhausting and frustrating and frankly, it's cutting in to my be-social/screw-around time. Between every other file being a short sale and the new HUD, my head was ready to pop right off today. Four day work weeks are like seven weeks in a row with no weekend. Flipping exhausting.

While we're on the subject, I need a living room chair for God's sake. And a TV stand situation that is higher than the one I currently have. And really, two and a half years is probably commitment enough to realize I can probably hang a few more pictures in this place.

Speaking of which, my hair couldn't be grayer right now and though it's only been five weeks and three days, I'm finally getting my color done tomorrow night. The racing stripe is getting wider sooner. It's not pretty. Things might need to be done. Decisions might need to be made. I'm not saying anything beyond that, but if this never-ever-get-a-raise-again situation keeps up, there is no way I can continue to pay for the constant retouching of this hair. Not in the way I have to take care of it currently (don't feel bad, even I don't know where I'm going with this).

So in summation, I can't believe it was sunny today and that it was still light out at 5pm, I'm so cold I can't feel my fingers, and I'm mildly concerned with my current fixation on dim sum. Tomorrow is casual day. I don't know why that makes me feel better. But it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home