Monday, January 25, 2010

Brief resurface

Wow. It's been a long time since I've had like 4 days between posts. Mid-winter. Nothing going on. Rainy weekends where you run your errands like a crazy person, dodging puddles and idiots dressed in black crossing Canyon Road anywhere but at the crosswalk. Naps. Ridiculously long naps where it's just not worth getting up and vacuuming. Crockery cookery. Checking the window twenty times an hour to see if the rain has let up enough for you to take out the cat box debris.

I was poised to write about the branch I am in last week, this week and next week, and the fabulousness that they are all about, but I should have done that like on Friday night or Saturday. Now it's Monday and I'm not fired up at all about anything. They're still fabulous, I just need to shake off the funk before I put my heart in to it.

And then I wake to find out that Palmer Cortlandt died this weekend. I knew something wasn't right. Another icon of my youth. Dang. But such is the circle of life.

I'd wish you all a happy Monday, but really, when you get right down to it, who am I to tell you what kind of day to have? Just have your Monday any way you see fit and I'll see you on the other side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home