Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Guilty until proven innocent

Yeah so I am sitting here in the living room, minding my own business, the 15 minutes of snuggle time that Lava gives me has passed, and the kitties are "somewhere else" which basically means up to no good.

Suddenyly, there is a crash.

And not just the standard, tipped-over-the-bathroom-trash-can-, knocked-over-the-Swiffer-handle-, shoved-something-hard-enough-to-make-it-fall-off-the-bathroom-counter-, bumped-a-bottle-of-body-wash-into-the-bathtub-crash, but a really loud, long, shattering, clattering crash. It seemed to go on for days. The kitties of course raced over to me, looking behind them and up at me as if to say, "What in the holy hell was THAT?!"

I flew across the living room to see what they could have possibly done this time, visions of the waterer rolling all over the floor spilling out the gallons of water I just filled it up with dancing in my head (for the record it took longer to type that than it did for me to actually get to the bathroom). It wasn't the water bottle (thank God) - somehow they managed to crash the new toilet seat box (with the old toilet seat in it - long story) into their food dish, which apparently caused it to flip in the air and scatter all of the fresh kibble to every corner of the bathroom/laundry room. Kibble everywhere. Everywhere. I looked back at them and they were like, WHAT. HAPPENED. Shocked little kittens, so innocent.

The joke was on them (and my downstairs neighbor) because this was a job for the big vaccuum cleaner, so 20 minutes later (still laughing) I have finished up cleaning the bathrooom floor for the SECOND time in as many days and telling you all about how I spend my evenings after a long day of work.

Whose bright idea was it to take these kits home...?

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, May 07, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

I've heard this story before. I mean I've experienced this story before.

Either way you had me cracking up.

You lurves your kittehs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home