Sunday, November 13, 2011

Obligated, but I just can't be bothered.

Has there been quite a bit going on? Yes. Did the Ducks beat Stanford Saturday night and in the process thereof, did I practically have a stroke and burn out the batteries on two phones texting? Indeed. Have I mentioned that I'll be in Mexico three weeks from now working on my tan and already have a January Palm Springs trip on the agenda? Maybe. Am I feeling philosophical about all the signs and signals that are being thrown my way by the universe? Definitely. Do I have a few things that I really should do today before being buried alive in work this week on a crazy-busy high maintenance desk? Absolutely. Am I going to write about any of these things?

No.

Instead, I'm going to give you a recipe for the easiest chili on the planet. It's on the stove now, and I started it like six minutes ago.

I use a lot of Morningstar Farms meatless products because when I was five my dad told me I didn't know how to buy meat. Those sort of things stick with you when you're a kid. I'm really bad at buying meat. So I just don't.

I use the MSF Grillers Crumbles (it's fake ground beef) (but it's all protein) but you could certainly use ground turkey if you wanted. I brown it in a stockpot on the stove, throw in whatever spices are handy (today it was chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon), throw in a can of black beans, and a can of chopped tomatoes (I actually found a can of Rotel tomatoes and chilis in the cupboard that still had another year left on the label and used that instead today, mostly because I didn't buy any tomatoes yesterday). Stir it all up and let it sit on low for however long you feel like it, maybe an hour or two. I threw in a couple of tablespoons of ground flax seed too because Gay Neighbor Geoff gave me some last week and it's never a bad idea to keep the product moving.

So there's dinner for the next three days or so. And it's actually pretty healthy, when you consider we need all those things to function properly.

Don't say I never gave you anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home