Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A very Brady reunion

Did I mention that spray tanning is crack? It's the crack of the tanning world. I had one left and kinda forgot about it, but the kid at the Raleigh Hills store talked me into it this evening. Still freaks me out, but I like it. It's crack. And tomorrow I'll have the fucked up feet to show for it.

I was supposed to go to Barbie's on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and tonight to do the last flyer for the reunion. Didn't happen. We have some final things to iron out, food-drink-activities, and then it's pretty much go-time. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but we have a cousin who is also helping with the planning of this gig (and well she should, considering she lives over there). She's a super-fantastic Catholic and I think that side of the Joyce family is a little bit more family-togetherness-Brady-Bunch than this side. They're getting hats made. We are not. What do I want with a trucker cap that has my first name on it? Not anyone else's first name, mind you. I'd just look like a jackass in any other situation. I suppose they are planning to wear them at the parade in Vail on the 4th - the one where she is planning for everyone to sit in front of the Catholic church and root on the ... walkers? Floats? Oh yes, there will be floats - she suggested we do one. I told Tom and he was like ABSOLUTELY NOT. As was I, when Barbie told me. Come on. Who does she think we are? We've obviously lived far away from there long enough for them to NOT know just how cynical our side of the family is.

She is also the one that suggested that her side wear blue shirts and our side wear red. My niece Katie pointed out that we were representing the bloods and crips, which is both hilarious and surprising to me (I can't believe I didn't realize it myself, what with my unhealthy love of old school gangsta rap). Anyway so far two brothers and a sister have indicated that there is NO WAY IN HELL they are wearing red, and I concur. I am simply not going to do it. Barbie suggested red accessories - I don't think anyone will buy into that either. What are the boys going to do, carry hand bags? The whole thing is exhausting.

So Thursday we will meet and finalize this thing and then we'll pay a whole bunch of money and drive across the state to the desert in July and lay out in the sun and burn the shit out of our Irish asses and drink a whole bunch of beer and Jagermeister (I have a 25 year old nephew and I don't think it's right that he drink alone) and hang out with the really Catholic side of the family and come back over the mountain and tell stories about it. That's the way it will go.

In ant news, I ran the dishwasher Sunday and so far nothing has shown up. But I got home from work tonight and found some in the bathroom so I hosed that area down with the Ortho (it's a love/hate relationship, you know) and now the kitties want in there simply because the door is closed. Such is my work week: I go to work, I get the shit kicked out of me, I come home, I treat for ants, I blog about it.

And slowly turn colors...

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, June 02, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue vs Red, I'll take the reds. I do love my gangsta rap. Rhythm makes you a better hitter.

 
At 6:11 AM, June 03, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

You are such a good aunt to not let your nephew drink alone. Definatly--- No red.

 
At 6:14 AM, June 03, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

There is a definite need for me to improve my hitting skills, no doubt. Perhaps you can help me with my rhythm?

And yes, Mindy. I am nothing if not a giver.

 
At 1:37 PM, June 03, 2009, Anonymous Barbie said...

Get over the gd red for God's sake. I might get a tattoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home